Krista Tippett is a national treasure. She was recently interviewed by Pico Iyer, another human being of infinite richness. I listened to the interview twice today.
Some of the best takeaways:
- “If your inner life is rich, your outer life will never be puny.”
- “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.”
- Virtues to cultivate: Love, hope, doubt, and surprise
- Cynicism is easy. Hope is harder. And it’s not the same as optimism.
- “Pleasure is a virtue. […] Whatever there is to take pleasure in, do that.”